Thursday 2 July 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week #11

If you could change one thing in book one, what would it be?

I can't wait to get my hands on the new cover!
That's a tricky one. I think that the first book is perfect in every way. It has a magical effect on you, doesn't it? The moment I opened it, I knew I wouldn't be able to put it down. Ever. I will never forget reading it for the first time and I think I can say that  I've never read anything like that before or after - nothing that effected me in such a way and made me a lifelong convert. It is pure joy of magic, adventure and unstoppable imagination, liberally sprinkled with J.K. Rowling's wicked sense of humour.

8 comments:

  1. Every time I read the first book I just feel happily nostalgic. Reading the books is like coming home.
    I'm jealous, I can't remember what it was like to read the books for the first time or what my thoughts and feelings were. It wasn't that long ago, but HP is the type of series that I fell more in love with the more I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. I love and enjoy reading the books more and more with the passage of time and I always feel like I'm coming back home whenever I open one of them. I guess I remember my thoughts and feelings on reading the first book for the first time so well because it was such a great time for me and I made sure to preserve it in my memory. I often love to reminiscence about it.

      Delete
  2. GREAT answer! Nothing has ever affected me like these books either, and to be honest, I wouldn't change a thing about any one of them ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, isn't it? They are magic. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love that so many people feel this way about the Harry Potter books. It's amazing how one series can effect so many people and bring them together. I feel the same sense of wonder every time I reread the books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely something magical about them. J.K. Rowling must be a witch of prodigious powers to have compelled us so :D

      Delete
  4. I know exactly what you mean: reading the books feels like coming home. More comforting than fluffy pyjamas and a warm quilt and a hot chocolate! A guaranteed pick up on a bad day or a happy memory to sink into on a good one!

    ReplyDelete