Thursday 28 January 2016

Harry Potter Moment of the Week #17

What do you think your best subject would be? Not necessarily your favorite but the one you think you'd be best at.

I really love animals and plants so I think Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology would be my best subjects, because I would really enjoy studying them and learning everything that I can. I think Charms and Transfiguration would be my second best subjects, though I have a feeling that Transfiguration would be somewhat trickier than Charms. I'm sure I would never excel at either as Hermione but I think I would be at least an Exceeds Expectations student. I'm also really good at languages and I think I would do well in Ancient Runes. In fact, I would really love to study them. I'm not sure how well I would do at DADA, but I know that Potions would be my downfall. You need to have an almost instinctive understanding of how different ingredients work with each other and you must feel on a deep level what you're doing if you want to become really good at it. It reminds me a bit of Chemistry, which was always an unfathomable subject for me. I tried brewing potions at Pottermore but only ended up melting my cauldrons and I could never score high points for my duelling skills.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I love animals as well. I'm not so sure I'd do great with Hagrid teaching it though and those blast-ended skrewts. Maybe if Grubbly-Plank was teaching. I think Herbology would be awful for me, but I don't have the slightest green thumb. I agree that Charms and Transfiguration would probably be best for me. I love that you threw Ancient Runes in there. I didn't even consider that one. I think I would love studying runes as well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I studied runes a tiny bit at the university and then my best friend and I used them to write each other coded messages)) It was fun. I've always loved plants in theory but I've only recently discovered that I'm actually good with them, having revived a violet from deep slumber. I was very proud of myself :D

      Delete
  2. I felt the same way^^ I think Transfiguration would be trickier than Charms but I still have a feeling I'd enjoy both :) Herbology would be fascinating though, I'd love learning about all the magical plants. As much as I love animals though, I've always been worried that Care of Magical Creatures would be a disaster - probably has something to do with those darn Blast-Ended Skrewts LOL! I never even though of Ancient Runes for some reason but I'm quite good at languages too so that would have been a good answer :D As much as I know DADA would be practical, I'm not sure how I'd do either D: Fantastic answer Farida^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I also had some reservations about Care of Magical Creatures. But then I thought about hippogriffs and unicorns, kneazles and nifflers, bowtruckles and crups, knarls, and so on... I think it would be great to see and study them. That's why I can't wait for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - I wonder what creatures we'll get to see there.

      Delete