Tuesday 28 May 2019

Hey there! I have not fallen off the face of the Earth (though, now that I think of it, that would have made for an exciting story to tell) nor have I abandoned writing. I have, however, abandoned blogging. Basically, there’s nothing to report nor is there anyone to report to. It’s not like I have readers or anything. So there’s that. I just keep writing, because that’s what I do. I can’t stop just because I don’t have any books published. My latest attempts to find an agent or a publisher didn’t even merit a rejection letter – just silence. However, that’s no reason to quit, right? At the moment I’m writing a fantasy novel set in the 19th century England. I’ve been having lots of fun with it, considering that it’s the first book that I’ve written entirely by the seat of my pants. In fact, I’m just a handful of chapters away from the end. I’m sort of going back to my roots here by combining my love of fantasy and my love of Regency England. After all, that’s where I feel myself most at home and at my best. I’ve made several attempts to get published in my own country (having written a fairy-tale, a middle-grade novella, and several fantasy stories), but unless you know people who know people who know people who know a publisher, chances of that happening are slim to none. For now I’m concentrating all my writing efforts on my fantasy novel. I also should probably get back to editing my previously completed Regency novel… the wretched thing has been all but forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment