Thursday 1 May 2014

Revision progress report

I forgot to report my revision progress for two weeks while I was actually busy revising and decided to do it now that I hit a sudden block. I fully blame all the writing advice that I have been exposed to ever since I started following different people on Twitter. It can be quite daunting and doubt-striking for someone who is revising the book in anticipation of submitting it to agents and if you care (though, I'm sure you don't) you can read more of my thoughts on the matter HERE

Anyway, back to revision, I added two new scenes, one of which took me completely by surprise. I often find myself complicating things for my MC on the second thought. "Why should I make things easy for her?" I ask myself. I'm not sure if it's the right attitude but I hope that it adds a bit more action and excitement to the story. I wasn't good at either before I started reworking my longish fairy-tale into a fantasy novel and so I regard it as a challenge to myself as a writer. I think I'm getting better...

Now it's time to get out of my funk and get back to revision! Fine! Fine! I will. Well... after I have sushi with my cousin :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment