Tuesday 12 June 2018

Just checking in... in case anyone cares...

I feel really sorry for my poor blog for neglecting it but as I’m pretty sure I’m the only one who ever comes here I don’t think it matters one way or another. The good thing is that unlike last time when I went radio silent I have actually been writing quite a lot. However, I’ve been concentrating on my Ukrainian projects for the most part and on my other blog that I co-pilot with a fellow writer, where I’ve been posting my on-going Ukrainian fantasy project for the last three months. I’m still hoping to find that hole in the Ukrainian book market’s impenetrable wall to slither through somehow. I haven’t had any luck so far. I even submitted my fairy-tale to a contest back in March… and nothing – another big fat failure. I also submitted it to another contest just yesterday. I’m hopeful. I have to be. I just need a win, you know? I mean, just one freaking win after all these years of constant writing and no results. Anyway, I’m writing. I have lots of ideas and that’s what’s important. Unfortunately, utter lack of feedback or publication is a huge downer and sometimes it’s just too much. I have no luck at getting readers or finding an agent, or getting published, or winning a contest or even doing publicity on different social networking sites and I have no writing friends or contacts who would help me with the promotion stuff and all that just stinks of complete and utter failure. On the plus side, I found an illustrator who has already created these two charming portraits. So feast your eyes upon lovely Ethelinda of Grimwood and her temperamental daughter Nermina the Woman-Snake!


No comments:

Post a Comment