Sunday 4 February 2024

January book picks

This year I’ve decided to go through as many books as I can, both standing on my bookshelves and gathered on my Kindle. So each month I’ll try to read one ebook and one physical book.

January book picks:

WAYWARD SON, Rainbow Rowell (hardback)

I really don’t know what to say. I feel like this is the silliest and the most ridiculous book I’ve ever read. There were some sweet and touching moments, I grant you, but most of the time it reminded me of complete descent into madness. As a writer myself I’m sometimes genuinely concerned about the books that actually get published and that people apparently enjoy reading. The only thing that kept me going was my fondness for Baz. I know that there is another part but I’ll probably need at least a year before I’m ready to tackle it.






WIDDERSHINS, Jordan L. Hawk (ebook)

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! I suppose I could call it a comfort read for me. It had just the right amount of history and pace and a perfect balance between good and bad, sweet and gory, romance and adventure. I got really attached to the main characters that I found very easy to like and to understand and I feel like I would really love to go back and reread it. I enjoyed following the development of their relationship during their investigation, learning more about their backgrounds and backstories, and exploring their characters. I know that there are many more books in the series and I’m looking forward to getting into them at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment